Quinoa with corn, herbs and spice seeds
This makes 2 large portions, 4 smaller portions.
1c white quinoa
2t stock powder
1t cumin seeds
1t coriander seeds
1/2t ground cinnamon
2 handfuls small tomatoes, quartered
1 small can sweetcorn
1 carrot, grated
1T chives, finely chopped
1T coriander leaf, finely chopped
- Cook the quinoa in the water and stock, bring to the boil with the lid on and then simmer until cooked. Around 20 minutes. Cool
- Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a dry frying pan on a high heat. Grind in a pestle and mortar.
- Add all of the spices to the quinoa and mix well, add salt to taste.
- Add the tomatoes, sweetcorn and grated carrot.
- Finely chop the herbs, add tot he quinoa and mix well.